Shortribs – Easy Crock Pot Version
- 2 to 3 pounds of Hat Creek Grown Shortribs (either Hawaiian or English)
- 2 cups of peeled carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of celery cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups of diced onion
- 1 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes (unsalted)
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 2 tsps finely chopped garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Thaw shortribs overnight in the refrigerator in a bowl or in ziptop bag in a sink of hot water, for a quick thaw. Preheat outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan). Preheat crock pot, oil the inside and turn on high heat.
Grill the shortribs to just sear the outside. Remove from grill. Place all other ingredients except the salt and pepper into the heated crock pot. Liberally salt and pepper the short ribs to taste. Place in crock pot. Give one big stir. Cover and leave on high until it starts to bubble, then turn to low. Enjoy in four to six hours. Serve over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.