One Pan Beef Steak Parmesan
Tender, looks fancy and time consuming, this easy recipe is a wonderful main dish. Use Hat Creek Grown Swiss Steak, cut from the top round, which is very lean.
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 # Hat Creek Grown Swiss Steak (2 pkgs)
- 1 TB Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Flour, seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, dried oregano
- 1 egg, TB heavy cream, garlic powder, pepper, dried oregano
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp each garlic powder, ground pepper and dried oregano
1- 15 oz can unsalted diced tomatoes 1 – 30 oz jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce, add ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, 1 TB dried oregano, 1 TB garlic powder, 1 tsp ground pepper 1/3 cup Olive Oil 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Combine first five ingredients in a zip top bag. Mix well. Add the Swiss Steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade about an hour before you plan to cook, pat dry. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pound steak with tenderizing mallet on each side. In oven safe pan, preheat oil on stove top. Dredge steaks in flour mixture, egg wash, then bread crumb mixture. Place into pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, drain any excess oil. Put diced tomatoes in pan until they start bubbling, add half the marinara sauce. Place steaks back into pan, spoon small amount of marinara sauce on each, add one slice of mozzarella cheese to each steak, spoon balance of sauce on top. Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.